Thursday, August 5, 2021

A Stolen Car Epidemic 8/5/2021

 Good Morning,

Get up and jump around a little today. Why? I say why not? If you are able to do so, go for it. My cup was just filled with Door County Jamaican Coffee and it is time to write. 


Photo Credit Forbes Magazine.

Yesterday a coworker and I were discussing some business and during the conversation she asked me if I had heard what happened to her. I hadn't heard anything, so she went on to tell me that her car was stolen from downtown in the major city next to our town. Her car wasn't very old and the thieves took it for a joy ride and just trashed it. All the windows were broken out, and they trashed the steering and dash.  She figures it will be declared a total loss. This young lady just purchased her own home and is an active member of her community. I think of her as a great partner at work and just an all around nice person.

While she was telling me about this, I found my anger meter climbing. I was imagining what great punishment should be inflicted on the clowns if they are ever caught. My ideas ranged from public caning, to hard labor on President Biden's infrastructure repairs for a wage that goes to either the victims or reimburses their insurance company. Some of my ideas were pretty creative. But since these criminals will probably never get caught and I rarely ever get called for jury duty, I was wasting my time trying to correct a wrong. 

Then I was reminded that we are to pray in all things, and let God deal with the yahoos who stole the car. So I prayed "God's Will Be Done" My blood pressure went down and the ideas of caning disappeared. I had made myself into my own little idol, deciding what punishment should be enacted. I was really tired in the afternoon and I know why. I was working two jobs. One job is my own life, work and family. The other job I was trying to hold down was that of God. He is the One who decides how to correct evil, keep the world spinning, not me. 

Proverbs 20:22 Do not say, "I will repay evil"; wait for the Lord and He shall deliver you.

In most instances it is best to pray for those who victimized you and let the Lord deal with them. He knows best on how to forgive and deal out punishment. God is also creative!

Food for thought. 

Marty


4 comments:

  1. Be angry and sin not....I have so much trouble with this little touted, justifiable anger that stirs up and inflames my whole spirit when I see injustices like this car theft and destruction. God, remind me how many times I have offended You and how many times You have forgiven me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Kathie I struggle with that a lot. I guess I judge before I speak. And then my mouth goes ahead of my brain.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Mary, my mouth is not always the servant of my brain🥺

      Delete