Monday, August 30, 2021

Call Out The Big Stuff 8/30/21

 Good Morning,

Morning has broken upon the scene and I will embrace this Monday with gusto. My cup of hot Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee is steaming next to me. I think it is time to write. 

Last week our family was able to tour a World War Two United States Battleship. I was mesmerized by the armaments carried on that huge ship. It was very impressive to say the least. The ship has been decommissioned  and now is a floating museum in Norfolk Virginia. Even at rest, it commands respect. It accomplished fighting in three wars and only took one direct hit. It intimidated me just by it's size and it's history.  It was built just to do that! Once called to battle stations it was to protect, intimidate and blow the enemy out of the water or land. It was named after the state we live in, which made me even prouder to be there.

When personal problems come along for me, and they do, I have two choices. I can try to battle them myself and do my best. Or I can get down on my knees and pray, asking God to join me in fighting off the issues or just plain sink them into non existence. You wouldn't take a squirt gun to put out a forest fire. Nor would you take a knife to a gun fight. You would bring the biggest fire hose or biggest gun you could get ahold of. 

So when problems besiege me and want to take me down, I pray and ask God to help me through or fight off the devil and his attacks. I call on the Great Battleship of protection and love. Why mess around when most problems are God sized anyway? I can easily hide under God's guns and arms of protection. 

Romans 8:31 If God is for us, who can be against us?

Think about it. How many times have you fought a battle of wills, temptations or strife and lost the battle? Turn it over to God when it first raises it's ugly head and let God fight to win. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment