Friday, August 27, 2021

Time Is Of Value 8/27/2021

 Good Morning,

I am writing today with a lot on my mind and heart. It is very quiet this morning, and even my cup of Door County Black and Tan Coffee seems to be silent. It is not calling to me from across the room. 

William Penn, once said "Time is what we want most, but use the worst".

I must agree with that statement. I have been doing a little assessment on my life and now I wish I could reclaim all the time I wasted. If you take ten minutes today and assess the time you have knowingly wasted it will surprise you. Don't count needed rest as a waste of time. A body does need rest and sleep. 

Psalm 90:12 So to teach us to number our days, so that we obtain hearts of wisdom. 

I just read one of my blog pages from 2016 and I was writing about feeding hungry little kids in a foreign land. Several people and me raised money to take a mission trip to Haiti and part of our duties was to feed about 100 kids each night with a plate full of beans and rice. Certainly not a waste of time. 


Then I thought to myself, I could have done more of that. I used to play sports well beyond high school. I did it all for fun and some fun is good for the soul. But I played more than my share of games that produced too many aches and pains that I suffer now. Yes, it was good exercise, but I could have obtained that running, and lifting some weights at home. I did see my friends, during the times of playing, but now I look and say, "what did it accomplish"? Maybe a trip to a foreign land to feed the children would have cemented out friendships even better?

God gives us all a packaged amount of time. We are in charge of how we use it. 

Food for thought? Chew on those beans.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment