Friday, August 20, 2021

Praying For My Friend 8/20/2021

 Good Morning, 

Friday snuck up on me today and I did not see it coming. The morning began with prayer and I just sat down to a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and it is time to write.

Matthew 5:16 In the same way let your light shine before others so that they may see your good works, and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. 

Last night I was blessed to speak with my neighbor. He has been away for a few days receiving a shoulder surgery which will curb pain from ALS. During our talk he asked me to let our church know how much he appreciates the prayers the church members are lifting up in his name. Some of the folks from church have stopped by with meals for my neighbor and his wife. 


While we were chatting, he said to me "God is at work, showing Himself through others and this surgery to relieve the pain is working." 

This world is ugly right now, yet it warms my heart to know that my church family cares for others. They are the light on the hill at times. They reach out when others withdraw. To that I will be forever grateful and I am glad to be a part of the family of God.

Have a great day! 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment