Thursday, August 12, 2021

Making Important Decisions. 8/12/2021

 Good Morning,

This day began before I was ready for it, yet time stops for no man. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and now it is time to write.

I have written about making decisions before and it's time to resurrect that thought again. I believe God still speaks and uses His word (Scripture) to communicate with us most of the time. He does speak through prayer, others, sermons, and at times circumstances. I personally place a hold on circumstances to dictate the direction I choose, when making a decision. I rely on His Word. If the decision has any element that is not Scriptural, I do not move forward. Circumstances such as the coffee grounds spilling into the sink and it looks like they spell the word go. I still check that against Scripture. 

Isaiah 30:20-22 And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet your teachers will not be moved to a corner anymore. 21. Your ears shall hear a word behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it." Whenever you turn to the left hand  or to the right.

When  God does speak thru Scripture and prayer we must be clear and fully understand what was said and not leave anything out of the directions.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you have not seen. 

For instance, God told Abraham to pack up and leave his father's land. Abraham did just that. But also in that passage, Abraham was to to " Go to the land that I will show you."   It was very clear that Abraham had to follow God to the land that God chose, not land located near the closest Disney World. 

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the Kingdom Of God and His righteousness, and all these things will will be added to you. 

I know many of you are making decisions right now and this short lesson might not be enough to give you the instructions you might need. But it is a start. I am praying for anyone who reads this, to follow God and seek Him first in all decisions.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment