Friday, August 6, 2021

The Wedding Gift 8/6/2021

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived for me and right on time and it is embraced with open arms. I have the opportunity to work a little today and I am more than happy to do so. I poured myself a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Coffee and now it is time to write.

Jeremiah 29:12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.

Friends of ours are getting married on Saturday and as always happens when were are invited to a wedding, my wife Rene and I struggle with what type of gift to give the new married couple. Rene says that cash always goes with everything someone owns. I tend to look at the gift registry and pick something that I feel really represents a need or says something about the essence of the couple. I won't say what we settled on, but for this busy, busy couple, I believe we have chosen the right gift.

I gave this a lot of thought, and recalled our wedding from 1000 years ago. I rmember one man who I admired and looked up to, coming up to me at our wedding reception. He said that we would be receiving a gift that his wife chose for us. He said it was nice and that he thought we would like it. He went on to say that he wanted to give us a gift that was just from him. He explained to me that the first year of marriage can be difficult and if someone asked him what he would like for a wedding gift he would reply and say "Prayer Please". He went on further and told me that he committed to pray for us at least weekly, probably more, for a year.  So for the first time ever, we are bringing a wedding present with a gift inside,  and I am striving to pray for this couple weekly or more for a year. 

I believe that when we attend a wedding, instead of gawking around during the ceremony, every person should be praying for the couple at the altar. Life is tough, and no one in their right mind would not want someone to be praying for them. 

A little food for thought on this day. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment