Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Experience Is A Counselor 8/24/2021

 Good Morning,

Once again the world has rotated and morning is here. I am very tired today for some reason and the aroma of my cup of Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee is smells stronger tan it tastes. Maybe my nose is waking up before the rest of me.

Psalm 119:71 It is good for me that I was afflicted that I might learn your statutes. 

I liken the word counselor to the word mentor. To me, both words share the same characteristics. They work hand in hand. I believe God has given to all of us the ability to "experience" different things and the experience can be used to teach us how to weather that experience again. Our experience can be used to mentor others going through the same thing. 

For instance, when my mother passed away, and we really did not see that one coming, I was much better prepared when a surprise death took my Father. I had learned how to grieve from my first parent passing and managed much better when the second one passed. I also now can relate and offer better help to others when they experience the passing of a parent.  In the loss of my dad, I learned how to navigate, wills, land titles, probate court, attorneys, and relatives. I can now pass that knowledge on to others.  Sink one boat and you might not sink another. 

A bad experience is a pocket counselor. It is always ready and willing to to keep us from making a second mistake of the same proportions. A good experience, teaches us to seek out the good in life and also gives us a view of the bad experience as a border not to cross while seeking the good. 

Good or bad, our experiences are our own and they counsel us, and mentor us. 

Have a great day. Take experience with you!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment