Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Along The Highway Of Life 8/11/2021

 Good Morning,

There is a hot cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee in front of me and now it is time for me to write.

Yesterday 8/10/21 I was unable to write due to work issues. I apologize for not keeping my commitment to writing daily. 

Proverbs 11:25 Whoever brings blessings will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. 

When we travel like I did yesterday, whether it be by car, plane, train, horse, motorcycle, or on foot you need to travel with your eyes open. Agreed, there are times when you can sleep on a plane, train, or in your car because someone else is doing the work of running the train, flying the plan, or driving the car. Eventually your eyes will be open. 

As we go along the highway of life each day, and our eyes are open to our surroundings we might see a need that we can meet for someone. For instance, while coming home from church not long ago after doing a little project, I saw on the side of the road some kids with a lemonade stand. There were 3 of them in ages of about 7-2. I stopped to invest in these young entrepreneurs and get myself a cold drink on a hot day. Mom and grandma were sitting with them for safety's sake. I was their first customer of the day and they had already been sitting there for an hour. I asked them what they were going to do with the money they raised and the reply was quick. "We are going on vacation and Mom said if we wanted anything special while we were vacationing, we should try and earn some money." The two year old just nodded in approval. The lemonade was fifty cents. It was laid on my heart to help fund these hard workers with five dollars. They all said thank you, with big smiles on their faces and as I walked away I heard the oldest one who already could figure out percentages say. "We made five dollars so we will give 10% which is 50 cents to the church so other kids can go to camp this summer." The next oldest said " Let's make it a dollar our lemonade isn't that great." I left smiling. 

I just wanted a cold drink, and they were providing a service. I was only a couple minutes from home at the time, but by stopping I could be a blessing to the kids, supply my need for a cold drink, and then see that these kids were being taught to tithe to their church and share with others a blessing. 

Travel with your eyes open. Listen to your heart, stop and be a blessing when you can to others. 

Have a great day. 

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Blessed to have you back, was concerned for you yesterday and prayed for you.
    God bless

    ReplyDelete