Sunday, January 10, 2021

Writing Outside Today 1/10/2021

 Good Morning,

I pray this day finds you well, physically and spiritually. I have an insulated mug with me this morning filled with Door County Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee. And it is very accommodating to my surroundings this morning. 

I have the flood lights on in the back yard, my coffee, a dry place to sit at the picnic table and our two dogs are playing a little as I write. Why am I writing from outdoors today? I just longed to be outside this morning and breathe some air that hasn't been breathed before. I guess at times I am just at my best when I am outside. It is quiet here this morning, one rabbit introduced himself to the dogs and the short chase was on! It didn't take but a few seconds to make our boys look foolish. 

The air this morning is crisp and fresh and it feels good for some reason. The smoke from our chimney is going straight up. The fire in the fireplace is warming the inside of our home. 

Most of all it is peaceful out here. I am content. Out here I don't allow myself to listen to the news. My phone is turned off. My Bible is open and has been read. There is no one to talk to but God and today I just took some time to converse with Him. I talked about my concern for the world and asked for His intervention. I prayed for the leaders of our country, the outgoing and the incoming. I prayed for those sick with the virus that has plagued us. I prayed for my family, neighbors and friends and asked for their protection. I was very thankful for knowing that He loves me and how He spared my elderly friend who was very ill with covid .  This serenity will be replaced with being busy today but I will cherish the time well spent with God. He listened and He only spoke once during my peaceful time of solace. In His word I read the following passage.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal their land.

I can't change the world and not sure I could even try. But I can tell you this. I can control my own heart, and mind. As for our home we will serve the Lord. I guess that is why I can say I am content. 

I pray that this morning you can find some peace and contentment wherever you are. But that peace and contentment starts and ends with spending time with God. 

God bless,

Marty 

2 comments:

  1. Yes. We have never seen such things in our world. We need to fast and pray into this verse. God will not be mocked. Judgement is here. Repentence is the key. Repentence is the key,giving ourselves as a living sacrifice asking Him to clean our hearts. Hes warned us years a ago that if we keep offering babies to baal in this country, judgement would come. Do people not know that we are the great Babylon in revelation? My people perish for lack of wisdom. Wake up church!!!!

    ReplyDelete