Friday, January 22, 2021

The Sound Of The Train 1/22/2021

 Good Morning,

I am still having a hard time remembering to write 2021 instead of 2020. Maybe 2020 just won't go away yet. I am enjoying some very hot Door County Bourbon Vanilla Creme Coffee this morning. The coffee woke up my taste buds and my mind. 

2 Corinthians 5:8 Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

Just East of our home are some railroad tracks that run North and South. We don't have as many trains running on the tracks as there used to be. I think once this covid thing settles down, people will be traveling more and the trains between Milwaukee and Chicago will be more frequent. The track also provide rails for supply trains. 

I always enjoy hearing the horn on the train on a cold night as it approaches a road crossing. From where we are located I  can see the huge spotlight on the engine car cut through the darkness. The horn is a warning to drivers of automobiles to make sure they are off of the tracks and to anyone else that might be walking the tracks for whatever reason. I am not much of a railroad buff, and I never owned a model train. But I am fascinated with the power of a locomotive and the sound of the horn. 

Trains take people to and from a given point. Once you are comfortable in your seat while taking the train somewhere you can sit back, read a book or listen to music using ear buds and if it is daylight you can look out the window and enjoy the scenery. 

The train can only run on the tracks it is set on. The engineer can stop the train and restart travel, but can't take a left or right turn at will . I watch the trains now and then and think about not being able to turn and I wonder how often trains only run one set of tracks never being able to go beyond boundaries of two cities and never running all the way to the South, East, North, or West of this great land? By now you are probably thinking that I spend too much time thinking. That might be true. 

Here's the point. When we were created, God gave us a gift of free will. He didn't create a bunch of robots who just were made to do everything He said. He gave us freedom to choose.  He wanted us to choose Him out of love for a perfect God and our need to belong to a family that lasts. 

I think that is one of His greatest examples of showing His love is that we have a choice to turn it down. I for one chose the path of being forgiven, assurance of being welcomed into the Family and life with Jesus Christ for eternity in 1981. I was never forced into anything. I found God to love me as I am and with Him I was able to get myself set straight on the tracks of life. 

So when I hear that horn I am reminded who the Engineer is on my life's train. He knows when the train will stop someday and then I will be home never to wander again.

God bless.  Is your train on the right tracks? Have you jumped on the train to heaven with an Engineer who runs straight and true? 

Listen for the horn. He's calling you for a free ride. Don't miss the train.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment