Friday, January 1, 2021

The New Year And A Promise Made. A Promise Kept 1/1/2021

 Good Morning,

Happy New Year to all of you. I just finished brewing a pot of Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee. I will be traveling with a full thermos filled with this hot brew. I will welcome in the New Year with a little pheasant hunting and some hot ham later.

As with every year, each year brings changes, opportunities, or doors of opportunity that close.  Last year in 2020 I found myself starting out my retirement. It wasn't too long before I was bored and took on a part time job that keeps me busy, enlightened and gives me a sense of being needed. I never thought a job like this could be available. I can already see some changes and opportunities coming ahead this year in 2021. I am sure there might be a surprise or two that will come along also. For instance, the choice to receive a covid vaccination or not will soon be at our door. My wife Rene and I have prayed about this and have peace with our plan. 

That's the point of the day! Pray my friends about all decisions that present themselves to you. Wait on God for an answer. Expect God to give direction and God's direction will give peace.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to Me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.

A promise made. A promise kept. I trust God to lead me in all situations.

Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it, with thanksgiving.

Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

The year just began. Don't travel it and wonder what direction you should take when decisions need to be made or surprises pop in on the road of life. God is there and is willing to direct us.

Psalm 119:105 Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 

Have a great day. God bless.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment