Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Oops You Did It Again 1/26/2021

 Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Vanilla Creme Coffee is cutting right through the fog of my brain and has awakened this bear from a good night of hibernation. It is now time to write.

Proverbs 10:8 The wise of heart will receive commandments and knowledge, but a babbling fool will come to ruin.


My dad always used to tell us kids that talking to us was like talking to the wall. He felt that he could instruct us, guide us and preach to us and we still didn't hear or were just plain stupid at times when we refused to follow good guidance.  Funny thing about that. I found out that most of the time good old dad was right on. And out of my own foolishness I not only screwed up once but would often do it again expecting different outcomes. Albert Einstein is credited with this quote. "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." Go back over your recent choices and see if you haven't made that choice before, which didn't work and acknowledge that you did an "OOPS I Did It Again".  This often can be seen in spending habits and relationships. You rushed to make a purchase of a car just to regret it, but OOPS You Did It Again". You rushed into a relationship before and it was disastrous. But you are ready to jump in again with all guns blazing.  Our you take a job that looks good yet you know you aren't qualified for it and Oops You did it again. Your resume now just added your 45th job. 

We pray and God sends His advice, but since we all know better that God, we don't listen. I was being factious here friends. That's really when we become our own idol. We think we know better. Usually convincing ourselves that God would never deny us happiness. 

Enough said. I think we should all examine the patterns of our lives and review the mistakes we made. I bet there was someone telling you "Not A Good Idea". See if you aren't at the altar of "Oops I am going to do it again.!

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment