Saturday, January 2, 2021

Hanging With The Young Guys 1/2/2021

 Good Morning,

I am blessed to be drinking a hot cup of Door County Christmas Coffee and preparing to leave to go goose hunting. Here's hoping we can limit out and go home to a warm fire and some apple cider.



Yesterday I went with my three nephews and a friend to chase pheasants around with my dogs. we hunted a solid two hours and did quite well. The guys shot very well and the two dogs performed great. There is just one difference in the experience the young guys had and the one I had. Their experience ended with birds in the freezer, guns needing cleaning, clothes to be washed. My experience was a little different. I had birds to freeze, a gun to clean, clothes to wash. I also had to clean up two Springer Spaniels. That wasn't so bad. But the young guys woke up today and weren't tired and sore. My oldest dog is beat and sore. the younger one is going with me today. I had to talk myself in to leaving a warm bed and more sleep. Tylenol instead of bacon and eggs went well with my cup of coffee. This old body hurts today. I feel it is important to teach the next generation to hunt and use guns safely. I am happy to pass that information on. 

One other thing I wish to tell them today is this. 

Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them". 

I want these young men to know that as old age creeps in it also impacts on what you can do for the Lord. I used to be able to stay up all night for youth events when I led the teens at church. If I did that now I would be sleeping for three days after the event. 

Serve the Lord while you can. It's easier to do while you are young and before age steals your abilities.

Young people! Go for it!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment