Tuesday, January 19, 2021

More Isn't Always A Choice 1/19/2021

 Good Morning,

I found my way to the kitchen via the aroma of the Door County Cherry Creme Coffee pulling at my nose. It's a very nice way to wake up. This day started very early and will run long into the evening. 

Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made. Lets be glad and rejoice in it. 

I am only speaking for myself and want that to be clearly known. My next statement will cause some of you to stop reading right away. My own selfishness would like to see more snow and a couple good snowstorms. I can see some of you grabbing your snow shovels right now just to beat me with them. 

The point today is this. I can want more snow and piles of it, but I have no control over the temperature, moisture, and wind. I am going to get as much snow as God desires to send my way. He also could send enough to make me sick of it and that too is out of my control. 

Life is like the weather. You just never know exactly what you are going to get. And we can't always have snow for some, we can't always have sunshine for others. We can't always get more rain or more time to swim. Especially where we live, if you don't like the weather, wait a day or two and it will change. More of anything isn't always an option. Less or none sometimes is the option. What is sheer delight for others might not be your cup of tea. I have had plenty of snowy days and although I like them, maybe God doesn't think others can sustain a lot of blizzards right now. 

We have to accept the days that just aren't exactly the way we would like them and know that they too will change and maybe to our liking. 

So give others a chance to enjoy what God has placed on all of us and wait for changes to come along. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment