Thursday, January 7, 2021

Bible Verses For Uncertain Times 1/7/2021

 Good Morning,

I have a cup of Door County Irish Creme Coffee steaming next to me and prayer in my heart. 

I was asked yesterday about the state of the world, and the state of the United States. This election turmoil and threats of violence on top of this pandemic has people getting crazier then a bunch of bed bugs. Someone asked me if I was going to build a bunker and live inside with my family and a bunch of guns. My answer to them was this. Any bunker I can build won't withstand the large bombs people could hurl at it. 


I calmly said that I will go about life and deal with each day, one at a time. I did say however that do have some Bible verses that I like to read during uncertain times. Somethings I just can't control. But I can control my faith in God and I have His Word to soothe my soul. I thought it was time to share some of these. 

In times of uncertainty I turn to Psalm 121 and place my faith in the sweet words from God.

Psalm 121 1. I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? 2. My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

3. He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. 4. Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.

5. The Lord is your keeper, the Lord is your shade on your right hand. 6. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

7. The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 8. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore.

Psalm 55:2 Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you, he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened and dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Rest in the Lord my friends and let the peace that surpasses all understanding refresh you today.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment