Monday, January 18, 2021

I 'm Not Going Anywhere 1/18/2021

 Good Morning,

The day began before I was ready for it today. The mug next to me filled with Door County Christmas Coffee seems to be telling me to hurry up today. So I will do so.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

One of the local large health care systems has produced a new commercial for advertisement. I have to say as far as television commercials go this one appeals to my compassion and emotions. It shows care givers holding a patients hand or sitting with them while a song in the back ground tells the patient "I am not going anywhere". It is sending the reassurance message that while you are in a rough spot your caregiver is there for you and is not going anywhere. In other words they are there to see you through your health issue. It is a catchy tune and has stuck in my head for a few days. 


Today as every day goes I do not know who will read this, but it might apply to one person or many. I will never know. But there is that one person who is contemplating packing up and leaving the family today. Leaving in their path children who will wonder what tomorrow will bring. Perhaps a spouse that will wonder the same. These are rough times. Kids in school, no school, parents not working or the home is in turmoil just because we need to spend more time there. Today it is important more than ever for us to stay the God given course, hug your kids and reassure them that you are there for them and you are not going anywhere. Don't walk out on the family for selfish reasons. Get back there and  make it work, Obtain help if necessary. forgive if you need to. Ask to be forgiven. Whatever it takes tell them "I am Not Going Anywhere."

I spoke my heart today. Someone needed this message and they also needed to hear that they are not alone. God is with them and is not going anywhere.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment