Sunday, February 4, 2024

When Worry Wins The Battle 2/4/2024

 Good Morning,

The house is a little cold this morning. I have a small fire burning in the fireplace and I know that pretty soon the house will be warmed up. My mother once told me that a cold house makes the coffee taste better. I tend to think she was correct with that statement. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee and it is time to write. 

We all from time to time worry about something and it is a natural response to something happening in our lives. It could be illness, finances, a wayward child or a disengaged spouse. Our jobs take up some brain space and cause us to worry about longevity, or deadlines. Maybe it is an approaching storm or an automobile that needs repairs and the money tree hasn't blossomed in a long time. 

How can you tell if worry is winning the battle? Look at your sleep pattern, if you are not sleeping well, worry is winning. If your diet is changing and you aren't eating or you are binging on food constantly, worry is winning.  When you disengage from your friends and family, worry is winning. 

I would be a hypocrite to sit here and tell you not to worry and that I never worry. I would be lying to you. But I will say this, worrying is not healthy, and God does tell us through His word that worrying does not help any situation. I agree totally with God. And when I find myself in a worried knot, I do have to go to Him and admit my weakness, turn it over to Him and place all my trust in the fact that God makes the world spin and He will lead me to the conclusion of my worries. He leads me to still waters and guides me through the turmoil. 

Matthew 6:25-34 Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, or what you will put on. Is life not more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26. Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27. Which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life. 28. And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29. yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory, was not arrayed like one of these, 30. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive, and thrown into the oven tomorrow, will He not clothe you, O you of little faith? 31. Therefore, do not be anxious, saying,  'What shall we eat?' 'Or what shall we  drink?' or 'what shall we wear?'  32. For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you. 34. Therefore, do not be anxious  about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble. 

Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid , I put my trust in You.

I hope this helps my friends. God Bless,

Marty











No comments:

Post a Comment