Friday, February 2, 2024

Stop The Litter 2/2/2024

 Good Morning,

Friday it is, and the best way to start the day is with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee. It is time to write.

Photo Credit Rich Rys

Getting my computer fixed took me to visit an old friend this last week. Besides our dedication to prayer we both share a love for the outdoors. I lean more toward hunting and he leans more toward fishing. My friend has shared some fresh fish filets with me and they made for a great fish fry. I have sent his way a few pheasant treats and fresh garlic from the garden. 

Psalm 8:3-4 3. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, 4. what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?

One thing that saddens us both is the lack of concern by others for keeping our outdoor world beautiful and pristine. Litter seems to abound and people don't care how much garbage they leave behind, in the woods, lakes and streams. Both of us have a real dislike for people who litter and do not police the area they used on the lake or in the woods. My thought is that we should always leave the outdoors better than we found it or at least as good as it was.

This requires commitment to nature and you might just have to haul out someone else's trash.  I believe heavy fines and public service are in order for people who litter. Give them a stretch of highway or river to clean up while wearing yellow coveralls that let everyone know the crime they committed. This might curb their desire to litter. 

God gave us this world to use, not abuse. 

Food for thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment