Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Advice For The Day. Pursue Peace 2/6/2024

 Good Morning,

This morning I have in front of me a very hot cup of Door County Toasted Praline Coffee. My intentions are to have that hot coffee warm up this cold body. 

Psalm 34:13-14 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from telling lies. 14. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. 


I have a little advice for us all today. As we all like to have peace in our personal lives, I have concluded that I can't order a big box of peace through Amazon or Market Place. It just isn't there. I could ask my friends and family to send me some, but it is not theirs to dispense. I just can't sit in front of the computer and wish for personal peace. 

Peace is an item that must be pursued and it is often missed, while we wait for someone else to deliver it. Even the peace of God that Christians enjoy had to be sought and asked for. Once we ask, we have to accept the peace and then practice peace. No greater peace do I have than to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior. 

The peace I am speaking of is the personal peace we need to practice. As we walk through life we could be at odds with someone else. We can't even agree to disagree without passing insults back and forth. We can't seem to forgive, let alone forget. We can't fathom our vacancy of peace to be at all our fault. A grudge is carried and we just cannot find peace within. We don't see our lack of peace as a sin that we like to keep.  

My advice for us today is to actively seek peace. In seeking peace, we might have to grant peace to others. Others need to know that bridges have been mended and you seek to be at peace with them. Anything less, is just a wild dream and a foolish journey. The worst is that we lie to ourselves by not seeking peace with those who are important to us. We want peace but are not willing to seek it and pass it on to others.

So my friends pursue peace. Pursue it like a bird dog seeking to flush it's prey. Then live it and grant it to others. 

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment