Thursday, February 8, 2024

The Cool Side Of The Pillow 2/8/2024

 Good Morning, 

My pot of Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee is just about finished brewing and I can tell you this. I am anxious to start in on that first cup.

Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4. Let each of you not only look to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. 


On Tuesday  afternoon, I was in the oral surgeons chair once again to continue repairs to my teeth and mouth. This process started last year and hopefully after a set back we are on our way to completion by this fall. Last night we let the temperature drop a little lower than normal in the house. An extra blanket was needed on the bed. I am one who turns in my bed a few times a night, During the process of turning over I always move my face or move the pillow around so that I go back to sleep using the part or side of the pillow that is cool to the touch, not having been warmed up by my face. So in dropping the temperature in our home it afforded me the luxury of having a cooler pillow than normal. This felt good on my face and helped me to sleep better with the pain I was experiencing. A simple home aide that worked for me. 

Where is this going today? My wife Rene was in full agreement with my plan and she remarked that she too likes a cool pillow up against her face in the night. I did not know this about her and we have been married 1000 years. So even at our "getting older age" we can still learn things about each other. We thought we knew everything about us. We have always been open books to each other. This was no big deal, but we have both agreed that a small drop in the sleeping temperature would be beneficial to both of us. It might even save us some money??? I always thought Rene was cold at night and I had the temperature higher for her. We both laughed and I said "look at all the money we could have saved." Rene laughed and replied. "Yes we could have saved enough to buy a cold ice cream on a hot day. And offset the expense of being used to that colder temperature in the summer"! Except for the comfort pleasure, it was a no win in the expense category. 

Never believe that you know all there is to know about your spouse. Be willing to learn, as age makes changes and seek to provide unselfish comfort to one another. 

Have a great day!!!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment