Thursday, February 22, 2024

Unlock The Store House 2/22/2024

 Good Morning,

I need to be on the road early this morning. My day began with a hot cup of Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee and some prayer. It is time to write.

Psalm 119:11 ESV I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.


I memorized Psalm 119:11 in 1981. It was the first Bible verse I memorized. I believe the words are to be taken literally and should be lived by every Christian, every day. It doesn't do too much in the way of good if we memorize a bunch of Bible verses, and not apply them to our lives.  I liken people who have stored the word of God in their mind to a gun safe without a key or a known lock combination. The guns don't come out if you keep them locked away. They are useless for protection if you can't get access to them. 

Many people could allow these stored verses to impact a decision, a reaction to temptation, or for guidance in a difficult situation. Nope, they leave the answers and help locked within. They might have the word hidden, but they forgot where they placed it. A memorized verse that is not applied, tends to stay unapplied. 

So before you raise the flag, shout for help from a bullhorn, or cry out for assistance. Help yourself to some Scripture, but heed the word and apply it. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment