Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Waiting On The Lord 2/7/2024

 Good Morning.

I am drinking a hot mug of Door County Churro Coffee this morning and I just might have two cups before I really start my day.


Habakkuk 2:3For still the vision awaits it's appointed time; it hastens to the end, it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it, it will surely come, wait for it. 

I for one, do not like to wait in lines for anything. My patience is on a short leash especially in a doctors office. I understand that there are emergencies and such, that can make the wait time a little longer, even excessive. I did however have a video appointment and I was told to be in front of my computer 15 minutes earlier than the appointment. I was right on time and then the doctors assistant came on to the screen and told me that he would be a little longer and I should hang in there. Every 15 minutes, the staff would check in with me and they would tell me to "hang in there". This lasted for two hours. I feared going to the rest room in case I would miss my appointment. After they came back on line for the last time, they said we would need to reschedule and that it would be in two weeks. I laughed and accepted the appointment. 

Now, for my point. If I were to ask people in my church, if God was always on time. They would say YES! If I asked them if He was ever late or too early, they would say no. That would be the answer I would expect and the answer they would give me. 

There is a big what if here. What if when we ask God for something and we have to wait for the answer, do we get impatient with Him? Friends, part of the answer to prayer is more than a yes or no. There is at times an extended wait and we need to understand that God knows how long we should wait. It's like watching a chef roast a prime rib and he knows just how long to roast it for the perfect slice of beef. And on a prime rib roast not everyone likes the same type of slice. It could be rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, or well done. God's answers and timing are specific to each person. He knows just how long we should wait for His perfect answer.

So next time you are waiting on God, just know that He has the answer and that one is just for you. You might have to wait and waiting is not our specialty. But God knows just how long of a wait is best for us.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment