Saturday, February 3, 2024

Complaining Less 2/3/2024

 Good Morning,

This will be one busy Saturday for me and it needed to start early. Prayer came first and then I filled my cup with some Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee . It is time to write. 

Philippians 2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15. that you may become blameless and harmless, children without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation among whom you shine as lights in the world. 

I was always taught that a person should go to work, on time. That same persons should be diligent to perform their job with gusto and perform it well. Throughout my working life I tried to live those work standards. 

I have this thought for today. I believe that some people complain so much that they must be getting paid to do so. The Seinfeld show was a perfect example about friends who actually mastered the art of complaining. It was an entertaining show. But the behavior of the friends actually mimics many real life people. Once they start complaining it becomes contagious and soon there after our friends, family, or coworkers join in and make one sour mash of a day. 

Charles Spurgeon had this to say about complaining.  "If we complained less, and praised more, we should be happier, and God would be more glorified." 

My dad also had a quote for whining. "Quit your whining. Come over here and I will give you something to whine about" I never took him up on the offer.

So for today, let's try to stop ourselves from complaining, step back, pray, and then praise God for a blessing. I think we just might improve our demeanor, outlook, and our behavior. 

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment