Sunday, February 18, 2024

I Believe 2/18/2024

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying a slow morning and it is a day that I don't have anything planned. I will write and sip on my hot cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee. There might be some breakfast on the schedule. I just don't know yet. 

2 Timothy 3:16 NKJV All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Matthew 4:4 NKJV But he answered. "It is written, Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word, that proceeds from the mouth of God. 

Hebrews 4:12 NKJV For the word of God is living and powerful., and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and the joints of marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.


My wife Rene and I have a well stocked library and in it we have a few Bibles of different sizes, and versions. They either have been purchased or they were given to us as a gift or memento. I use the second one that I ever purchased and I read it the majority of the time. The first Bible I ever purchased was only in my possession for about ten days in 1981.  It was stolen out of my truck, while I was shopping for groceries. I often wonder what happened to it over the years. 

There are some days, that out of necessity I will use one of the many other Bibles we have for my daily devotion. Or due to convenience I can read from my lap top or telephone. The second Bible that I purchased to replace the stolen one has been with me on mission trips, vacations, and most always goes with me to church. It is worn, torn and tattered. If you look inside, you will see notes on the side of the pages, or in any spot that can be written in. I lost count on how many times I have read through this Bible. I would have to say that there are some tear stains in it. Not all the tears are mine.  Rene has asked me to retire that book and use a new one. I have politely refused and go on reading from this old beater.  That Bible has been with me in good times and bad. I have dined on God's Word, been comforted by the words within, instructed, and corrected by the holy contents. It has been used as a pillow to hold my head while taking a short nap during a mission trip. 

My point for today is this. I Believe! I believe that the Bible is God's Inspired Word, put to pen. I believe in all 66 books of the Bible and every word within it. And as long as I can read, I will turn to the Word of God daily. I believe that the majority of the time God speaks to me through His written word. 

I felt it  was important for those who read this blog to know a part of my statement of faith. 

Have a great day. Open your Bible

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment