Saturday, February 10, 2024

Paper Roses 2/10/2024

 Good Morning,

My day began with the same way yesterday ended. I found myself falling to sleep in prayer for some friends of mine and a family member who are all fighting some form of cancer. I woke up and they were prayed for again. I am at the desk now, with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and it is time to write.

Valentines day is coming this week and I probably look forward to celebrating it more than my wife does. It gives me a chance to buy a sappy card and some token of my love for her and she has to smile whether she likes what I came up with or not. 


Back in 1973 Marie Osmond released her version of the song Paper Roses. It hit the pop and country charts and was a huge success. And to be honest Miss Marie was the apple of the eye for many a young man in 1973 this guy included. The words of that song still ring true in my mind. 

I realized the way your eyes deceived me 

with tender looks that I mistook for love

So take away the flowers that you gave me and send the kind that you remind me of. 

Paper Roses, Paper Roses,

So guys, this week take a moment or two to self assess your love for your better half and make sure you aren't handing her a life of paper roses. 

1. Lead the family and your relationship with unbreakable love. Let them see you as a gift from God

2. Provide for them as best as you are able.

3. Make sure they are safe from this world.

4. Let your speech be soft and assuring.

5. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Speak the truth.

6. Be a peacemaker.

7. Remember to keep the proper order in life. God first, family second, you are third.

8. Paper roses are fake, don't be untrue with your love.

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church. 

Men, a love that is not made of paper for the world to see, is one that stands tall and makes sacrifices for her and the family, just as Christ did for us.

Food for thought.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment