Sunday, February 11, 2024

Sunday Morning Thoughts 2/11/2024

 Good Morning, 

The coffee in my mug this morning Is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and it is very hot. 

1 Thessalonians 4:11 Aspire to live quietly and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you. 


I would like to set the scene for a few seconds. I am at my desk, the lighting is just bright enough to see what I am doing, the radio is set to gospel back ground music, the coffee mug is at my right hand and our two dogs have been fed. It is still dark outside and it is a little chilly. Frost has covered the ground. I am surrounded by mementoes of hunting trips and mission trips. There is a collection of books that needs to be thinned or some donated. At my desk there is a stack of work needing to be completed before I head out for work tomorrow. Except for the light music it is very quiet.

I have finished praying and saying thanks to the Almighty and normally I would say "it is time to write".  I am taking some time to count my blessings and enjoy the quiet. I believe I will just leave it at that and give this advice. 

Sometimes, you just have to take in some quiet, drink some coffee, give thanks and pray, and let some easy music soothe your soul. I don't know what the rest of the day will bring, but I will cherish the quiet beginning with God , me and the dogs, and a hot cup of coffee. 

God bless, 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment