Thursday, April 7, 2022

When You Are In Doubt?? 4/7/2022

 Good Morning,

The day began with hope in my heart and a song on my mind. The Coffee Maker filled my mug with Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee and now it is time to write.

I was dining with a friend many years ago, out of state during a pheasant hunt. We decided to hit up a steak house for some beef and a lot of it. I was having a hard time deciding on what cut of meat I wanted to have grilled up for me. My friend said this, "When in doubt, always order a ribeye. You can't go wrong." 

I have always heeded that advice and have eaten my share of ribeye steaks. But in life the choice of a steak is nothing compared to the choices we make that really impact us and our families. Along with choices comes our nemesis Mr. Doubt.

My motto for making sense of major doubt is this. Wait as long as you can before choosing. Take all decisions to the Lord in prayer, while continuing to read your Bible. God directs us through His word. 

James 1:6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 

Then answer these questions. 

Does my decision compromise my moral compass?

Does my decision violate God's Word?

Does my decision produce good or bad fruit.? Am I worrying too much?

Do others I respect, support my decision. Are these others, folks that will tell you what you need to hear? And not the type that will tell you just what you want to hear. 

If you are married, what does your spouse say?

I use this check list quite often and it has never failed me. I thought I would share it. 

Work hard and rest long today.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment