Monday, April 18, 2022

The Fork In The Road 4/18/2022

 Good Morning.

It's a little cold out there today and I am blessed to be drinking some Door County Irish Cream Coffee. The mug is good and hot and feels great on two arthritic hands. 



For every person there comes a day when you have to decide for yourself two things. #1 Do you believe in God or not? #2 Do you desire to have a close walk with Him or not? It is a major fork in the road of life. 

The Apostle Paul wrote. But the things that were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, from which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means. I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.  Philippians 3:7-10

Paul never counted the choice he made to follow Jesus as a loss for him. Things did not matter and He was ready to suffer if needed. To Paul it meant more to be counted as a Christian, over anything else. 

There is a choice to follow or not follow. But one leads to a peace of heart and attitude that surpasses all understanding, The other leads to perceived fulfillment with the end result of denying God's existence and importance in your life. With a fork in the road, you can't take both paths. God requires one or the other. Tough food for thought today, 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment