Friday, April 22, 2022

Not Feeling Like Christ 4/11/2022

 Good Morning.

Friday arrived right on time and not a moment too soon. My choice of coffee matched me perfectly. So a little Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Java is just what I ordered for the start of this day. 

Earlier this week I was having a phone ( text) conversation with a great friend. He has been going through a lot. I challenged him a little to try and suffer through it and I used Jesus as an example. his reply to me was "I am not the Christ". 



Later I pondered our conversation and I had to agree with him. There was and is only one Jesus and the best we can do is to strive and do our best to be like Him. There are some things to consider when we are going through or down a rough road. No doubt we will suffer sometime in this life, but we need try and suffer through it as Jesus would. In order to do that we must try and remember that all of God's plan is good.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord. thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Even when the plan seems askew to us, we must insist in our hearts that God's plan is best. It is best to be better instead of bitter. 

Joseph really understood this truth when he spoke with his brothers who had sold him into slavery.

Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good.

We are talking about endurance under trial. Our pain and sorrow is only temporary, our reward is eternal.

Have a great day! 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment