Friday, April 29, 2022

Something To Hold On To 4/29/2022

 Good Morning,

Friday it is, and I am hoping for a smooth transition into the weekend, It has been a wild week for us in our house. I have a hot cup of Door County Lighthouse Blend Coffee to help kick off this day. 

You know you are getting old when one of the things you look forward to in the morning is that hot cup of coffee and it's not necessarily the taste of the liquid that does good for you at first. I now look forward to holding the mug with both hands and the heat from the mug feels great on my two hands that have a little arthritis. You could say that I multipurpose my morning java. 

As much as holding on to that coffee mug feels good, I find that now and then as this world just seems to be spinning in crazy mode I need  to soothe my soul with less instructions and more comfort from God, Today as I sit and question how a 10 year old girl from our state was raped and killed by a fourteen year old boy, I just cannot fathom what her family is going through. Then there is the war in Ukraine, stolen cars are the new epidemic, and Covid has not gone away. You can't watch the Oscars without seeing some form of protest liturgy or rudeness that includes a slap in the mouth. 

So today, I turn to God and His word for comfort . 

Psalm 23. 1. The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want. 

2. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. 

3. He restores my soul; He leads me in paths of righteousness, for His name's sake.

4. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For you are with me; Your rod and your staff they comfort me. 

5. You prepare a table in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cups runs over.

6. Surely good ness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. 

For the next couple of days my goal it to look into Psalm 23 and dig deeper into each verse. But for today I will rest easy in the whole Psalm and relish those words to hold on to. 

Have a wonderful day.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment