Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Hey That One Hurt 4/20/2022

 Good Morning,

I am looking forward to this day. I will have someone job shadowing with me today. So I need to be wide awake and ready for the challenge. My hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee has a place at my desk and in my heart this morning.



1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 

My wife Rene has been under a lot of stress lately. Her elderly mother took a fall and hurt her leg and is not healing up all that well. She and her brother are full time caregivers now and they do it in three day shifts. She has been coming home just beat and discouraged. 

Yesterday as I was finishing a little work at home I asked Rene a question as to what time she needed me to be at her mom's house to assist with getting her down some stairs and into the car for a doctors appointment on Thursday. I guess she had already told me what time I needed to be there. Her reply was very short and a little nasty. 

I rolled with it and made sure to enter the time into my calendar. I went to a meeting I attend and came home. Rene met me in the kitchen and began to apologize for questioning my IQ earlier. I had already forgotten the moment and attributed it to her over stressed mind and body. 

But as I began to say to her "just forget it. I know you are stressed and somewhat depressed. I am just fine".  Rene interrupted and explained that she needed to apologize and ask to be forgiven. I decided to take a big drink of shut up juice and just listen. When she was finished speaking I said this. "You were forgiven hours ago. Love covered it all" 

Even though her remark to me was nasty, It needed to be excused and forgotten. I can't tell you how many times Rene has forgiven me for some stupid action or remark.  Her goal was to not let us go to bed last night and have a comment from earlier keep either one of us awake, unable  to sleep with ill feelings toward each other. 

I am truly grateful for a marriage that makes allowances for mistakes. It makes life a lot easier. 

Marty 

No comments:

Post a Comment