Wednesday, April 27, 2022

I Tried To Think, And Nothing Happened. 4/27/2022

 Good Morning,

This one has to be short and sweet today. I have a long way to travel and a short time to get there. My Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee is just what I needed this morning. 

Proverbs 22:3 The prudent sees danger and hides himself, but the simple go on and suffer for it. 

"I tried to think and nothing happened". This is a line from one of the Three Stooges movies that I recall with a smile. Some people can quote Tolstoy, I can quote the Stooges. I tried that line on my dad when I was thirteen, when he was asking me why I didn't think through the proper positioning of a ladder. My attempt at humor just intensified the situation and made the butt chewing last a little longer. My poor choice of ladder angle caused me to fall and I lost a gallon of expensive paint. 

What I did learn from that lesson was to think things through before you can't return to where you were to begin with. In other words don't rush a decision or process. When something seems to cause you doubt, stop, and think some more. Sooner or later you will find the answer. Petition God for wisdom. If your mind is blank, that is a sure sign that waiting is a good idea. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment