Tuesday, April 26, 2022

If I Could Turn Back Time 4/26/2022

Good Morning,

The day began very early for me and I will be busy right up until later tonight. I have a hot cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee in front of me and it is time to write. 

I often say to myself "If I could turn back time." I would------. But then I come back to reality and my mind shows me somethings I would like to forget. I often go back to the birth of our daughter and recall that day that I was blessed with that little bundle of joy. But no sooner do I relive that day, then I am reminded that one of my cousins passed away a few days later. We lived next door to him for many years. He taught me how to throw a football and put a nasty curve into a baseball. 

So I guess, for every return in time there are both good and bad days, And what we would be doing is reliving memories instead of enjoying the new ones. So if I could turn back time, I wouldn't.

Isaiah 43:18-19 Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. 19. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland. 

If we are continually looking back at the "Good Old Days" and not looking forward, we can have our ship of dreams lose it's ability to travel straight. Looking back all the time keeps us from seeing and enjoying the present. 

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment