Saturday, July 24, 2021

Venison Burgers, Some Pheasant And Some Love

 Good Morning,

The morning is already warm, and there is quite a few things on my agenda for the rest of the day. I poured a hot cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Matthew 14:23 After sending them home, He went up to the hills alone to pray. 




Last night we had the privilege of opening our home for a small cook out with friends and relatives. Everything served was wild game or fish that those attending helped to catch or shoot. It was a true blessing to see the food go from the field to the table. Basically it was time to empty the freezer and be ready to refill it in another month when our goose season starts. We were blessed with an abundant bounty last year and my prayers for a safe hunt and successful shooting began last night. 

Rene and I were surrounded by people who were all in their twenty's. My nephew has introduced me to his friends over the last two years and I enjoy hunting with them. It is nice to see this younger generation embrace hunting, dogs, guns and the outdoors. As I grow older, I feel confident that we are leaving the sports afield, in good hands. They respect safety, and enjoy the day even if the fish don't bite and the skies don't bring in a bird. They can cook up their fish and game with the best of us  and they chow down on what the Lord has provided.

This is a group of men and women who I find easy to love, respect and pray for. Last night before bed each one of them was prayed for and God was asked to bless them in a way that only He knows how. 

This is just a small part of the twenty something age group in this world. Are you spending time and praying for the group God has placed in your path? You should be! For me it is a labor of love. I am thankful for every minute we spent last night and I am looking forward to some quality field time with them all.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment