Friday, July 30, 2021

Both Sides Of The Issue 7/30/2021

 Good Morning, 

Friday arrived right on time and I am glad it did. If I were to say anything about today it would not do justice to what I see out of my window this fine morning. The sun is coming up, the clouds are light and and the air is filled with the music of doves, robins and cardinals. My cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee is next to me and now it is time to write. 

Throughout my years on this planet I have run across plenty of people who I just didn't like and I avoided them if possible. There was something about them, like their behavior, opinions, or just the way the carried themselves around me that turned me off. This door swings both ways and I know for sure there are people who don't like me. I am opinionated and short on patience. I won't go into my laundry lists of faults. I can beat myself up all by myself.

God tells us in Scripture that not liking people and judging them is contrary to His desire for us. 

1John 2:9-10 Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates a brother or sister , is still in the darkness. Anyone who loves their brother or sister lives in the light and their is nothing in them to make them stumble.

Romans 12:17-18 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for god things in the sight of all men. 18. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 

When you see yourself "not liking someone" and many people are not easy to like, and you want to live in the Light, start first with respect. You haven't walked a mile in their shoes, and they haven't worn yours. Respect them as being God made and start there. Once you do that you have established a common ground, headed in the right direction. 

God Bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment