Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Happy Birthday Mother 7/21/2021

 Good Morning,

Sleep evaded me last night like a spider on the wall. So happy to be working today and sipping a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee as I drive to work.

2 Chronicles 15:7 But as for you, be strong and don't give up. For your work will be rewarded. 



Today we celebrate my mother in law's birthday. She is 94 years old and she raised 6 kids. She worked outside the home as an Avon representative. She loves to eat soup, even in the summer. She still makes things for the county fair. Her crochet works is still sharp and might take another ribbon in September.

The one thing I am most thankful for is the second oldest daughter she raised. I married that one and she is kind, hard working, honest, and all in all a great wife. One day, while mother and I were driving somewhere, she said to me, "You know, you married the stubborn one." I replied, "I wonder where she gets it from?" We both laughed as mother said, "probably from me." 

The point of this day is this. We all have people within our circle of influence. And in reality, you can't give someone stubbornness. To be stubborn is a choice like being kind or mean are choices. I told my wife about how her mom threw her under the bus that night. Rene did admit to being stubborn as if I didn't already know that.  So now we all think that being stubborn is a bad thing. Not me! I see a wife and mother in law who don't know the word quit. In a mess or a time of strife, I prefer to be around people who are not quitters.  They have defined stubborn as a good thing. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment