Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Bible Verses For Today's Comfort 7/14/2021

 Good Morning,

As I sit at my desk looking out the window, I can't help but enjoy the sunrise. It is cooking off the haze and drawing a picture of beauty for me to see. My Door County Cherry Creme Coffee is nice and hot, so it is time to write.

This morning, as I go through my list of people needing prayer or requesting prayer I am not surprised at all that there are two pages to the list . The requests or needs are for health issues that some are experiencing or for a relative of theirs. Some have requested prayer for safety in Haiti. Some have the need to heal a broken heart and recover from betrayal. Some have asked me to pray for them to find a job. It seems employers, have a need for staff, but they aren't paying for experience. Some need to find housing. One request came in last night just for safety from an escaped fellow who might seek to do harm to the family of a friend of mine. Some are struggling through the death of a family member right now.

No matter the need, I can see and hear a sense of urgency. I would love to take all of these requestors into our home and hold a prayer meeting. This is impossible. I would serve breakfast and hot coffee and let them know they are loved, cared for and prayed for. The best I can do for most is to keep my promise to pray and the light on should anyone stop in.

So for today I am going to share just a few verses from God's Word to provide comfort. When I know I am hurting or confused, some of these verses have comforted me. God let's me know that I am loved and He is with me through thick and thin.

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. 

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.

Psalm 46:1-3  1. God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in time of trouble. 2. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the depths of the sea, 3. though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake from their surging.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

So for the next two days after this I will devote to posting portions of God's Word on peace and then hope. 

If you know someone going through a rough time, possible consider sharing these verses with them.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment