Thursday, July 1, 2021

Sunburn On The Tongue 7/1/2021

 Good Morning,

The first day of July arrived this fine day and in keeping up with some people I know, who try to celebrate Christmas in July, I broke out some of my Door County White Christmas Coffee to bring in July. So for the next few days I will be enjoying some winter flavors in July.



In my days on this planet I have experienced a few sunburns in my life. Usually the sunburns are confined to my head and upper torso. I did however forget to apply sunscreen to the tops of my feet and really messed up a vacation with blistered feet. 

I have never had a sunburn on my tongue. Where am I going with this? Here's the point. We all know a few people who just have to be constantly talking, and talking and talking. When conversing with them you can't get a word into the conversation at all. They interrupt you constantly and just have to be talking. In some instances you just wonder how they cannot have a sunburn on their tongue because it is always flapping in the wind. Some of our over chatty friends tend to spread gossip in the name of "You need to know" when they start the motor on their mouths. 

The Bible has some clear warnings on talking too much and gossiping. Let's look at some of these just in case you encounter a motor mouth or two, or if you  yourself are headed for a sunburn of the tongue. 

Proverbs 10:19 When words are many; transgression is not lacking, but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.

Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise, when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 18:2 A fool takes no pleasure, in understanding, but only expressing his opinion.

Proverbs 20:19 Whoever goes about slandering, reveals secrets, therefore do not associate with a simple babbler.

Proverbs 16:28 A dishonest man spreads strife, and a whisperer separates close friends. 

Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor. I am The Lord.

Friends I could fill a few pages with verses on talking too much and of spreading gossip. I just shared a few and challenge you to heed the words above and look up the rest of the verses. Make sure to not fall into the trap of either vice.  I was going to post a photo of a bottle of sunscreen I purchased last month, but was afraid I would cause someone to spray it on their tongue and then sue me for causing them illness by implying sunscreen could help with diarrhea of the mouth. Tomorrow we will cover just plain old foolishness. 

Have a great day.

Marty






No comments:

Post a Comment