Thursday, July 8, 2021

The Mosquito In The Night 7/8/2021

 Good Morning,

May the sunrise you experience bring a smile to your face. I have a cup of Door County Raspberry Almond Coffee in front of me and now it is time to write.


Photo Credit Wikipedia 

I woke up to one nasty mosquito bite on my leg and it looks like the mosquito was the size of a bird from the impact on my leg. Last night before going to bed I saw a mosquito flying around the bedroom and the battle was on. I eventually gave up my pursuit of killing the pest. The insect was elusive and used dark corners to hide. 

Sometime during the night the mosquito unleashed it's attack on me leaving his mark on my leg. I could go on and on about the purpose of mosquitoes or their worthlessness. Two routes to choose, the latter would be a complaint session. 

My point for today is this, I knew that little flying rat would get me eventually. Maybe just a little bug repellent would have saved me from this itch. 

1Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 

I could have used some repellent and maybe avoided my issue. At night when I get ready for bed my nightly prayer is usually for those who have come across my desk, or mind with needs they have. I also thank the Lord for the day I experienced and it's blessings as well as the trials. In the morning prayer time I pray for those who need prayer or requested it as well as for God to guide my day. 

It just dawned on me that I do not mention the next day in my prayers before I go to sleep. What would happen if I would ask God for his protection ahead of time acknowledging that I have an enemy that plots my demise all night? I need to admit that the spiritual battle is a 24 hour one and praying for the day ahead is my spiritual repellent. As is with most repellents, they need to be reapplied every few hours. I am reminded that we need to be in constant prayer for ourselves and others. 

So to avoid the bite that sneaks up on you, pray and then pray again.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment