Monday, July 26, 2021

The Right Attitude Is Gratitude 7/26/2021

 Good Morning,

Wow, it sure was one hot weekend as far as the temperatures went. It sure helped to ripen the tomatoes in our garden. I am enjoying a hot cup of Door County Hazelnut Cream Coffee and now it is time to write. 

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. For His mercy endures forever.

Famous scholar, Matthew Henry was  accosted by thieves and robbed of his wallet, he wrote in his diary: "Let me be thankful first, because I was never robbed before, second, although they took my wallet, they did not take my life; third, although they took my all, it was not much; and, fourthly, because it was I who was robbed and not I who robbed."

Mr. Henry had the right attitude of gratitude. Despite a stressful ordeal  he found reasons to be thankful. He could have thrown himself a big pity party and started whining and bellyaching about his ordeal. Kind, of like some of the people I know. They complained all last winter about the cold and the snow, begging for summer to come. Now they are crying about the heat and humidity. I myself like winter much better than summer. But now, I look for the blessings of summer. We have plenty of tomatoes ripening on the vine as I write.  The garlic is a foot tall, and the bulbs are huge. You can't do that in a foot of snow. 

Friends this year is already 7 months into the 12. I think we should devote more time to measure and count the gifts of God long before November and Thanksgiving comes along. Make sure to catalog them or journal them, less you forget. Looking at your blessings instead of complaining and whining about what you don't have, helps us to experience more joy in each day.

Attitude, attitude, attitude. Change it before it changes you into a complaining, whining, and unhappy person.

God bless and pass the cold iced tea.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment