Tuesday, July 20, 2021

How Much Bread Can You Eat?

 Good Morning,

I am awake and ready to hit the ground running. I worked hard yesterday and the next two days should be the same. My cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee is waiting to be tasted. It is time to write.



My mother used to bake some bread rolls affectionately named "Nana Buns". There was nothing like pulling into the driveway of my parents home after driving for 5-6 hours in December and smelling the smoke of a hardwood fire. Once you stepped into the house there was always two aromas fighting for attention. One, was hot coffee and the other was Nana's fresh out of the oven baked buns. 

Fortunately making coffee isn't too hard for me to do, and I have mastered making "Nana Buns". The buns are very big and fluffy. When they come out of the oven and get lathered in butter it becomes hard to eat just one. You are filled up very soon with just one of those bad boys. I once said, that it would be nice to have one of those every day. I truly meant that statement. My mother being the one who always had something to say, piped up and said "I know a bread that you can never have too much of. It can stimulate your brain, nurture you, put you to sleep, keep you up all night and heal your heart." I knew where she was going with this. And those were wise words. 

Deuteronomy 8:3 so he humbled you, allowed you to hunger, fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds forth from the mouth of the Lord. 

Mom was right. God's Word is soothing, healing, nurturing, comforting, challenging, a source of rest, and a conscience. The best part of this bread is you can dine on all you want. There is an unending supply and once you start, you just don't want to stop. 

Have a blessed day,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment