Sunday, July 4, 2021

Hot Dogs And Apple Pie 7/4/2021

 Good Morning,

I will be reaching for my Door County Cherry Creme Coffee in just a few seconds. It has been a good morning of prayer and now it is time to write.

Last year at this time while in the throws of the Corona Virus Pandemic nothing stopped the calendar. July 4th came and went right on time. This year July 4th came right after July 3rd expired it's welcome. In the United States, July 4th we celebrate our Independence Day. On July 4th 1776 the Second Continental Congress, unanimously adopted the Declaration Of Independence, announcing the colonies, separation from Great Britain.

Psalm 33:12 Blesses is the nation whose God is the Lord.

Going back to last year, being a year of quarantine and choices, we were advised to only celebrate the 4th with those in our own family and to wear masks. My wife Rene and I both chose to keep things on a low key. We stayed home, and celebrated with no one but the two of us, I say this. It was our choice and we were free to choose just how we spent the day. 

That is a freedom we enjoy. We could choose what was right for us. Now some friends and acquaintances did not agree with us and some made it known that they thought we were being foolish. I did not agree with some of the large parties I saw taking place without any masks. But I was all in on letting everyone decide their own route. We enjoy many freedoms in this country. 

But one tradition we did observe that has been with us for many years on July 4th was cooking out and eating outside. As always we had some grilled hot dogs and a big slice of apple pie.  Our flags flew high with the hope of things being different in 2021. The virus is almost beat now and we will attend a parade, fly our flags and dine on some hot dogs and apple pie today.  

My prayer will also be the same as it has been for years and years. God bless America, Land That I Love. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment