Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Yes Sir. Reporting As Ordered 11/8/2017

Good Morning,

May the floor of your house be warm and your heart filled with a song. I just poured a cup of Door County Frosting In The Cup Coffee and it is time to write.

Isaiah 6:8New King James Version (NKJV)
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Many Christians claim to want to experience God at His fullness yet they seem to miss the mark when it comes to truly desiring that close relationship. Many times the lack of closeness is due to their lack of desire to say yes when God calls them to serve. They want to go to heaven and are content with that idea, but living like they know they are going to heaven requires obedience when God calls. Or they just can't seem to let go of the little sins that they want to keep. They are not willing to allow the life they live to be crucified with Christ, that they might be raised in newness and live a resurrected, sold out life with God.

Isaiah 42:6-9New International Version (NIV)
“I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness;
    I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
    to be a covenant for the people
    and a light for the Gentiles,
to open eyes that are blind,
    to free captives from prison
    and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
“I am the Lord; that is my name!
    I will not yield my glory to another
    or my praise to idols.
See, the former things have taken place,
    and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
    I announce them to you.”

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior we also need to accept the responsibility of answering His call to serve. With the acceptance of Jesus and His gift of eternal life through His death, burial and resurrection. We also accept the fact that there will be accountability to act like a Child of the King.



We do not see many people totally living for Jesus and serving when He calls on them to help. We keep a portion of our heart and life for ourselves. Then we miss seeing Him in His fullness.

So, yes accept Jesus as Lord and Savior today. Know for sure that your name is written in heaven and that you will reside there for eternity. But then also answer Him when He calls on you to serve Him and others and say yes.

Here am I Lord. Send me.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment