Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Old Time Radio 11/21/2017

Good Morning,

I want to get to the kitchen for a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee and a Honey Crisp apple. I foresee a busy day ahead of me and the apple will be a good way to kick start this guy. Nothing like fresh fruit to push you through the day.



In our kitchen we have an old time radio that we purchased at least twenty years ago. It still works and every now and then I tune in radio station and play it for awhile. I want to tell you that I am a radio type of guy. I prefer listening to baseball games on the radio. Football games make me use my imagination as I follow the radio announcer's broadcast. Radio is for me!

I especially like listening to Christian sermons on the radio as I drive. I like them best at night when I am on a long trip. I tune into some of the greatest preachers you could ever want to listen to. Compared to our computer and digital televisions the two old radios we own are low in technology. There is nothing special about them except that they, like, their owners are antiques.  They both have experienced a lot of history yet they deliver a clear message. They are still usable.

The lesson to be learned here is for young and old alike. To the young folks, value the wisdom of the older folks in your life. Sit by them, listen and learn. Now you older folks, remember, you have the experience and years of wisdom. Let the younger folks approach you, sit with you and learn from you. It is your duty to share. And my old friends, listen to the younger folks also. They can teach you things that they know about. What they have to say might be amazing. Place value on one another.

Psalm 71:18New International Version (NIV)
18 Even when I am old and gray,
    do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
    your mighty acts to all who are to come.

 
Luke 2:41-52New International Version (NIV)

The Boy Jesus at the Temple

41 Every year Jesus’ parents went to Jerusalem for the Festival of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the festival, according to the custom. 43 After the festival was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.

Learn on! And be respectful.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment