Friday, November 24, 2017

A Free Meal. A CSI Moment 11/24/2017

Good Morning,

Today has reunited me with some Door County Cherry Crème Coffee and a busy day at work. I need a small miracle today and I am in prayer asking God to grant my request. More on that tomorrow.



Yesterday as my nephew and I were returning home from Upper Michigan we experienced something out what can be considered normal. We went to Michigan to winterize my Dad's home and we took very few food items with us. Our work was to be crisp, quick and then hit the road for home. We ran into a couple of things on our chore list that just did not go as planned. Nothing major, but it bit into our time expectations.

But soon after we endured the delay and solved our little problem we were on the road, in our trucks and headed home. I mentioned food items. We had a Kringle and some Coke with us. This sufficed for a quick breakfast and then we set sights on our chores and we started to work.

Now yesterday was a holiday in America and I was glad to see that many of the businesses were closed. We were convinced that we would be eating some beef jerky from a gas station and washing it down with a Coke. But as we came into one small town we saw a parking lot full of cars at one of the restaurants on the main drag. I pulled the Old Ford into the lot and my nephew followed me in. Once we were inside the food emporium we were greeted by the owner. He smiled and said "you will receive a free turkey dinner today." I said this. "Free?" The owner  replied, "yes the large turkey dinners are free for everyone today. I am thankful for all of our customers. You sit down and I will get you your free meals". I tried to tell him that we couldn't accept a free meal because we were just passing through. We are not regular customers there and could more than afford to pay for our meal. This fella was not going to hear any of what we had to say and he insisted we sit like everyone in there and have a free meal and enjoy ourselves.

The turkey meal was fantastic and we just were amazed that we were being treated to such a nice gift.
We left a tip that was substantial. and departed. Now I began to think this through and remembered that we prayed about our chores and also asked for God to watch over our travels. We were super tired and both a little melancholy as we left the lake home that used to have two people waving goodbye to us as we left. We were both missing my late parents. So as I pieced the free meal puzzle together, I had a CSI moment. We were tired. In order to eat the meal we had to sit for 45 minutes and rest. The turkey dinner was much healthier than anything we would have found in a gas station. We left refreshed, full and happy because of the owner and how nicely he treated us. We both made the six hour trip home safely and once I was settled in, I realized that God took care of us from resting, to dining and then safely to a couch.

Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. We found a restaurant when none were open.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures, We had to sit and eat.
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul. We needed cheering up and we were greeted by the owner like friends.
He guides me along the right paths The traffic was not too bad.
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me We did not expect to be dining so well. Satan had discouraged us.
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.  God used this kind owner and his generosity. We were not allowed to pay.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me We made it home safe and sound. He made sure of it.
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
 
Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment