Monday, November 20, 2017

When Words Get In the Way 11/20/2017

Good Morning,

Monday came in like a locomotive on the wrong track and out of control. Where did the weekend go?
I just poured a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee. No need for breakfast, as the Sunday dinner ran late and I am still full of pumpkin pie. Time to write!



I will never tell anyone not to pray. No, that would be against everything I believe. But there is a time when words get in the way of true action.

James 2:18English Standard Version (ESV)
18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
 
1 John 3:18English Standard Version (ESV)
18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth. 
 
When we decide to pray for someone who has a specific need and we are aware of it and could possibly help, and then we tell that person, "Let's pray about it". We allow words to get in the way of helping. Our words hold us up from getting something done that is tangible and can be measured. Parents will often lecture, and then lecture again when what is needed by a child is a hug. Our words get in the way. We can take action and then pray for the needs of a person.
 
 Be careful when you choose the words you are going to use. The words you chose might just add red tape to an easy process. Sometimes we just talk too much. Can I get an amen?
 
Have a great day.
 
Marty

2 comments: