Thursday, November 23, 2017

He Spoke Compassion 11/23/17

Good Morning,

Missing my cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee today. Tomorrow things will be back to normal.



Today in America we are celebrating Thanksgiving.  I for one have many things to be thankful for. I am blessed with a loving family and a wonderful dog. I have a good job and we belong to a church I love. My friends are all special people and I am more than blessed to have them. Many Americans will.be sitting down to a turkeydinner today which is customary for us. Our turkey is always wrapped in bacon and covered with maple syrup. I am very thankful for all that we have to eat.

There is one thing that is really on my mind. I am thankful that Jesus taught us to be ambassadors of compassion.  Jesus set the example for us. While suffering excruciating pain after being nailed to a cross, Jesus spoke words of compassion to the thief next to Him and later took this thief to Paradise.

Jesus put the feelings of this thief ahead of His own agony. How far would we go for a stranger? It makes me wonder just how far any of us would go, if at all.So today when you are counting your blessings ask God to give you the same compassion that Jesus possesses.
You just might make a difference for someone.

Luke 23:39-43New American Standard Bible (NASB)
39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was [a]hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the [b]Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other answered, and rebuking him said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving [c]what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come [d]in Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise.”

Marty.

No comments:

Post a Comment