Friday, November 17, 2017

Don't Forget To Charge The Trimmer 11/17/2017

Good Morning,

Happy Friday to you all. The aroma of fresh Door County Maple Coffee has filled the house this morning. Let's get this day started and head into the weekend.

Yesterday I wrote about the coffee missile that attacked my nose. Today I will attempt to explain the other dumb thing I did this week.



I can't remember not having a beard and it has been a long time since I have been without one. But as all good wives should do from time to time Rene mentioned that my beard was getting a little "scraggy" and it was time to trim it up. So as all good husbands will do I retreated to a mirror with my hurt ego and pulled out the rechargeable beard trimmer and started to mow the forest on my face.

I was running short of time to get to church and I cannot be late for that appointment. So as I was half way through the whisker harvest, the trimmer which I forgot to charge ran out of stored energy. That baby was dead as dead could be. It is an older brand that takes about a half an hour to get charged up, and it was 30 minutes I did not have. So out came the razor, brush, and mug. So instead of trimming I ended up shaving the whole thing off or had the choice to go with half of a beard. Not an option!
 
Ephesians 6:12New International Version (NIV)
12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Here's the lesson for the day.  In our spiritual lives we run the risk of making mistakes or performing half heartedly if we do not recharge daily. This is done by steady prayer and time spent with our Bibles. We renew our minds and hearts and we need to recharge daily. Thinking that I had one more trim in a depleted battery caused me to look foolish and then I had to make a recovery move.
 
Romans 12New King James Version (NKJV)
12 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

So don't let that spiritual charge run down to where it takes too long to recharge. It's a war out there and a dead battery could lead to harm.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment