Thursday, November 16, 2017

Hot Coffee Up The Nose 11/16/2017

Good Morning,

The day has begun with prayer and some Door County Cherry Crème Coffee. I packed some apple juice and two large apples for lunch. I have the makings of a great day all laid out for me.



I had two weird things happen to me since last Sunday and as embarrassing as they are, there are messages within the events that we can learn from. The blister in my nose won't let me forget this one. The blood that comes out of my nose when I sneeze reminds me of my foolishness.

Proverbs 12:22New International Version (NIV)

22 The Lord detests lying lips,
    but he delights in people who are trustworthy

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I like my coffee extremely hot. The fast food store kind of hot. The kind of hot that lawsuits are made of. So in the morning when I am filling an insulated bottle with coffee, I boil the coffee before I pour it into the bottle. This assures me that my coffee will be steaming hot all day long. I then pour some of the java into my vehicle travel mug and drive to work.

The other day I went through my normal routine and it was then time to go to work. Both coffee vessels were filled with extremely hot liquid. I had my coffee mug in my hand as I was backing out of the driveway. I was just taking a drink of the morning wake up juice when our Jeep rolled over the curb to our driveway. This caused the Jeep to bounce just enough to launch a steaming hot missile of coffee into the air and into my right nostril. The boiling hot coffee went right up inside my nose and caused instant tears in my eyes. I thought I was going blind it hurt so bad.

So the lesson is not the obvious one of not driving with a hot liquid in my hands. The lesson is this. When we play around with hot things we run the risk of being burned. Certain things in this world are hot beds of trouble and should be avoided at all cost. Lying or telling untruths would be one of those hot ones to avoid. Lie long enough and often enough and you will get burned by your own untruths. The results of being caught in a lie will sting.

Put down the mug and think this one through. Food for thought.

Marty

4 comments:

  1. Wow ... Hot Coffee "Surprise Start" to that morning Brother.
    Praying for your blister to heal quickly and without any infection.
    Thank God that hot cup of liquid did not injure either of your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Penny & I very busy each day.
      I remember Penny's mother saying "Time goes faster when your older. Of course at my age then I was 42 and hadn't experienced what she had - I couldn't imagine how actual time could possibly go faster. Now, I'm closer to age 77 and time does seem to go bye much faster each day. Therefore, we are learning to appreciate each new day and how God works in our lives ... one day at a time, Psalm 118:24 Makes me wonder if God gives us an internal sense of our time to join Him is in fact growing shorter. How awesome we all anticipate our eventual home going!
      God bless you and your day Brother.

      Delete