Monday, November 27, 2017

It Started With A Christmas Tree 11/27/2017

Good Morning,

The weekend did me in. I accomplished a lot of yard work, hunted, preached and then did some Christmas shopping.  Therefore I believe my mug full of Door County Wisconsin Harvest Blend Coffee is more medicinal that just wanting a cup of java.



The day after Thanksgiving is like no other day in our house. Rene starts transforming the house into a winter wonderland. We could be accused of losing our dog in the piles of boxes scattered about the house. The place is 50% complete and she is on a tight timeline. We host Christmas Caroling for our church this coming Saturday and my gal is focused on having our place just as she wants it.

I am given one assignment and one assignment only. That one project is putting up the Christmas tree under her strict supervision. I am married to the Christmas Tree Czar. I however noticed that the one thing that Rene does before anything else is to put out our Nativity set. The set was given to us as a wedding present a thousand years ago. I spied on her and when she is done placing all the pieces in place, she places Baby Jesus last, and then says a prayer for our Christmas Caroling.

Once the tree is finished I am sent on my next project and that is to plan the food for the festivity. My wife could easily keep up our Christmas decorations all year long. She captures the Christmas Spirit the minute the Nativity set is up and she sees that tree taking on some lights. For her Christmas is all about doing things for others. But I see the twinkle in her eye at night when she shuts down the house lights and just sits by the fireplace watching the lights and listening to the music box attached to our Nativity set. The music box plays Amazing Grace ever so softly. During this time, everything is right with the world for my wife.

John 1:16English Standard Version (ESV)
16 For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.

Sometimes I will stop what I am doing to listen with her and it's then that I know why we celebrate Christmas. It is a celebration of God's grace, His amazing grace. Jesus left heaven to come to this world and die for our sins. Nothing says love like the real meaning of Christmas. It is His amazing grace.
 
Ephesians 2:8-9New International Version (NIV)
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Have a blessed day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment